Olympia strong> was born in October of 1948 when Ricard Quera Cullell opened an establishment dedicated to the wholesale and retail of bicycles and motorcycle spare parts and accessories called Olympia strong>, located at number 12 of the Commerce Square – actually call Plaça del Gra – in Figueres. Since its beginnings, the company had a marked family character, which is still alive today.
At the beginning of the 60’s, and with the second generation, little by little, the lines of business are being expanded by fully introducing wholesale distribution and entering the end of the decade into the spare parts sector. The automobile, which is updated is the main activity of the Group.
In 1961, Olympia agreed to join efforts with Enric Riera Rosselló with the common idea of meeting the needs of the automotive sector in Menorca, creating over time a society with personal ties that go beyond mercantile relations.
In 1989 a new company was founded in Girona together with Josep M. Barnadas Payet with the intention of consolidating the presence of the Group in the province, extending over time the lines of business in the paintings sector in general.
Thanks to the effort, dedication and tenacity of all those that currently comprise Olympia Group strong>, that small store in the Commerce Square has derived in the four societies that nowadays form our business conglomerate.
We are present in Catalonia and the Balearic Islands in the automotive, motorcycle and bicycle distribution and also in the painting sector.
L’esperit emprenedor que va caracteritzar el fundador del Grup s’ha mantingut viu, renovant dia a dia el compromís de servei amb els nostres clients.